TATEHO OZARK Technical Ceramics is the most diverse supplier of Magnesium Oxide (MgO) fabricated ceramic shapes in the industry. Purities are available from 99.8% to 96% MgO and products are engineered for excellent thermal, electrical, and dimensional properties. TATEHO OZARK also offers a complementary line of Aluminum Oxide (Al2O3) products by all three fabrication methods, and extrusions of Hafnium Oxide (HfO2) for exotic high temperature thermocouple use.Customer Friendly, High Quality Ceramics from our Complete Ceramic manufacturing facility
MgO products are made by state-of-the-art techniques of slip casting, extrusion, and dry pressing. Slip casting is the preferred fabrication method for thin walled MgO components, especially crucible shapes. Extrusion is used for mass production of precision tubes and shapes for thermocouple and heater components. Dry pressing is employed for bulk forms and occasional large shapes.
By working from the Edge of the Envelope, Excellence in the Middle becomes Routine!
TATEHO OZARK’s R&D background anticipates and defines expected outcomes. Our experience with demanding Dimensional and Material Requirements in many different industries has enabled a solid platform for product realization :
- Extrusion processes were developed on some of the most challenging parts first. The ability to make micro-dimensional parts and controlled microstructures easily stepped up to more routine tasks.
- Slip Casting processes were optimized for Production Quantities, Optimum Density results, and maximum Yields
- Familiarity with Advanced Nuclear, Aerospace and Academic markets for metallurgical, electrical, and thermal properties.
- Culture of High Purity Production means no shortcuts and maximum product hygiene and exposure to contamination.
- A robust Traveler system for Quality Control ensures cradle to grave accountability, maintained in perpetuity.
- Color coded containers, documents, and labels guarantee traceability and proper handling.
- All finished goods traceable to Raw Material lot.
- Dimensional results inspected per requirements.
- Customer Drawings Controlled.
Because of TATEHO OZARK’s emphasis on scientific discipline and rigor, it was quite easy to obtain our ISO 9001 certification in 2008. All of the systems (and more) were in place and were easily adapted to meet the bureaucratic format.
- Stock shapes of Slip Cast MgO, Extruded MgO for heaters and thermocouples, and HfO2 saves time.
- Regular inventory maintained for quick access
- Slip Cast tooling usually about 3 weeks; Custom shapes turnaround about 6 weeks.
- Extruded Products:
- Extrusion tooling lead times less than 1 week for most requests. Most tooling is made in- house.
- Over 600 existing Extrusion Dies on hand, all tooling is OZARK owned for instant availability.
- There is never a fee for Fast Track Production! If you need it, we will rush it!
- Shipping : All major carriers available. Our staff will assist you to find best options.
- Office hours 7:30 AM to 5:30 PM (Central Time).
- Easy access to order changes and schedule information by phone, fax or e-mail.
- Quote and budgetary estimates made quickly.
- No order minimums!
- Usually no tooling charges!
- Central U.S. location in manufacturing friendly, low cost of living Joplin, Missouri area.
- Low Utility and overhead costs to absorb.
- Sales and Technical staff will recommend most cost effective alternatives
- Sales and Shipping staff able to find best value for shipping methods.